The Serbian pilot aim is to demonstrate the possible application of climate-neutral structural solutions and materials that can be sustainably applied in the Balkan region construction practice with a focus on their circularity. This will be done by building the ground floor house that can be easily assembled and disassembled and testing it in the operational environment.
Present 5 circular construction solutions in guidelines and implement them in the pilot house
Develop 5 innovative design processes to integrate recycled & re-used materials in construction at a rate of >95%
Develop the house and its elements so that it will require less than 30 hours to be constructed on site
- Development of a detailed design of the house to ensure safety, serviceability, durability, easy assembly & disassembly and efficient use of space and energy
- Preparation of the space for the pilot house, construction of the precast elements and connection between all elements
- Operational environment in-situ testing of the durability of the house elements under natural environmental conditions
- Demonstration: assembling the house on the location, disassembling it to structural parts, and assembling again in three days to demonstrate easy circularity.
Serbian pilot will integrate multiple innovative processes and techniques to build a pilot house with only recycled and re-used construction materials, combining:
- concrete walls made of locally sourced waste materials,
- foundations consisting of concrete with recycled aggregates,
- efficient green composite steel-concrete floor structures,
- recycled rubber for building connection parts,
- recycled rubber sheets for flooring.
- Reduced waste and increased recycling in construction.
- Safer, more durable, and more energy efficient buildings.
- Theoretical and practical knowledge on how to integrate circular economies in construction value chains and the related economic benefits.
- Raised awareness and knowledge in the industry – expansion of the knowledge of industry stakeholders on how to integrate circular business models and their economic and environmental benefits.